Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Web Hosting ?
I have used free web hosting for a while. Even those most of the time I have endup with terrible providers but found several gems too. There are some very nice free hosting services but most are terrible. Some of these services are moderately good.

These are what I use,

1. 000WebHost
  2. 10xHosting
  3. Web Hostia
Heart ~ Heart
Free Web hosting is good depending on for you use it and who's the provider. If they have a tight control with lots of restrictions and way to cover their server costs and very effective monitoring system to weed-out spammers then you can use it long term most of the time. These days you can rent an VPS for cheap and when it comes to free hosting you don't need cPanel as control panel. If the provider know what he is doing then he can run a tight ship with minimum costs and offer a good service.

A rule of thumb, never use free hosting for your money site or sites with high demand for bandwidth. Except if you are still at early stage of your web career and no other choice. But if you have high bandwidth you should be able to monetize your traffic and cover hosting costs. You shouldn't need or use free hosting.
Forum Rules - READ
Some good points. So why do you use free hosing if you do use paid hosting ? Also which free hosting services do you use ?

Heart ~ Heart
It's good for having different IP addresses if you have lots of sites in same niche. Like if you have 10 sites related to camera niche and you have linked those with each other then it's better those sites in physically different severs in different geo locations. Well I saw Mat Cutt says in a video it doesn't matter if sites are in same niche but why take a risk ? lol

Another reason I use Free Hosting is for my Tiered link building projects. I'm not using these for first tier but I use has a special tier between first and second. I get a link from their free sub-domain and then add a WP and point links to money site and 1teir sites.

Forum Rules - READ
I use free web hosting for my new sites. problem is it's hard to run a worldpress blog in a free hosting. upgrading version and plugins sometime has to be down by FTP.